Tarreyn's 25 Best of 2013 | Tarreyn Land: Tarreyn's 25 Best of 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tarreyn's 25 Best of 2013

OMG, you guys!
It's the last day of the year! 
What the Whaaaaaaa???!?!?!
Despite my slightly depressed post yesterday, 2013's been a weird and wonderful year, and I've had so much fun thinking back on it. 
I'm hoping 2014 brings just as much adventure, discovery and champagne.
A lot happened this year, lots good, some not so good, and some really amazing stuff for the books. 

Here is my list of the best parts of the year, both in pop culture and for me personally. 

  • Turning 26
I was a little afraid of turning 26, putting me officially in my late 20s, but so far so good! I had an incredible birthday, and was so excited to see the things I'd accomplished over the year. I've already learned a lot and tried new things, and am looking very much forward to the rest of the year. 
  • Everything Pharrell Williams Touched
From "Get Lucky" to "Blurred Lines" to the first ever 24 hour music video, Pharrell Williams has been rocking 2013, and steadily becoming one of my top idols. 
  • Macaroons
Something deep inside me was awakened this year - My INTENSE love of macaroons. I even learned how to make them! I kind of OD'd for a while, but now I am back on the macaroon train and very happy.  

  • Catching Fire
Katniss meets J Law meet Awesomeness. The second book was one of my favs, and the movie did NOT disappoint. It was totally worth the wait and one of the best movies of the year! CAN'T WAIT for Mockingjay!!
  • Everything Beyonceé Touched
Surprise dropped album? Check. Videos to go with every single song? Check. Singing at the Inauguration? Check. Mrs. Carter World Tour? Check. HBO Documentary? Check. Being an all-around amazing EVERYTHING? Check, Check, Check! It's Beyoncé's world, and we all get to live in it. 
  • Our Trip to the Caribbean
2013 started with a BANG when we took an incredible 10 day trip to the Caribbean. For the first time I tried snorkeling, ATV's, driving a jet ski, and drank way too much rum from coconuts (if there is such a thing as too much.) It was the best. 
  • Our Trip to Europe
We spent three amazing weeks traveling through three different countries and had one of the most incredible, romantic, inspiring, enlightening and enjoyable times of my entire life.  See my pictures Here and Here!
  • Our Trip to the Pacific NorthWest
Yet another amazing travel adventure we had this year was to Seattle and the Northern Coast in Washington. We had a perfect stay in a cabin playing cards, drinking wine, eating crab and having lots of gorgeous walks on the beach. We then hopped down to Seattle for 5 days of rainy day adventures. 
  • The iPhone 5S
Ok, I am still with my 4S, but I've spent some time with these sweet babies and I am itching until my plan renewal to snag one! I will never cease to be amazed at the incredible technology we can hold in our hand, and these are the best of the best. 
  • Leonardo DiCaprio
From The Great Gatsby to Wolf of Wall Street, this was Leo's year. And I love him.
  • My Favorite Albums:
There were a ton of great albums released this year, and here were my top favs:
- Tegan & Sara Hearthrob - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltson Fly By Wire 
- Haim Days Are Gone 
- BOY This is the Beginning
- Mazzy Star Seasons of your Day 
- MS MR Secondhand Rapture 
- Daft Punk Random Access Memories 
- Icona Pop This Is... Icona Pop 
- Lorde Pure Heroin
  • Kittens
I NEVER used to love cats until I met Jake's sister's cat in the fall and fell in love. Now I am all about the little cuties and hoping for one of my own. 
  • Obama's Inauguration
As most of you know, I am a big fan of the main man. His inauguration was an exciting moment for me, and I feel an important moment in our history. 
  • Funny Women
From Amy Poehler & Tina Fey hosting the Golden Globes to Girls being renewed for a 2nd and 3rd season, to Mindy Kaling & Zooey Deschanel, and so many more, Funny Girls are ROCKING it, and I can't get enough! 
  • American Apparel's Easy Jeans
Guys - I did it. I found the perfect jeans. Black. High Waisted. No front pockets. Thank you, American Apparel. Thank you a thousand times.
  • My Pink Hair
Even though I've gotten rid of it, turning a part of my hair pink  was an exciting and empowering moment in my year and something I've wanted to do for forever! So fun!
  • Lots of Family time
Along with getting a lot of quality time with my perfect parents in town, I got a ton of great time with my extended family this year. I got to travel through Europe with my amazing aunt and uncle, get even closer to my incredible cousins, even go through a lock-down in Boston with my family! Ah! AND I got to travel through the Caribbean with Jake's family who've made me one of theirs. Nothing better than good family time.
  • Making a Music Video
Making this music video  was a definite highlight of my year. I learned SO much about filming and directing, I got to something completely new, I got to see something from my mind come to life, and it was an amazing thing to experience with my talented and helpful friends!
  • Prosecco
From sipping it in St. Marc's square in Venice to my Rooftop Birthday Party, I have countless fond memories of these delicious bubbles this year. 
  • Brainfest 2013
This amazing getaway weekend I had with my bestie last month was one of my favorite parts of the year, and something I'm excited to repeat annually!
  • My New Camera
Right before our trip to Europe I bought a new Canon Rebel T3i, and I could NOT be happier. It's completely changed my approach to taking pictures and renewed my love of photography. I fell even further in love when I bought the EFmm f/2 wide angle lens. I've been learning so much and am SO happy to have this piece of equipment.  
  • Jake
We've had an amazing sixth year together full of incredible experiences and adventures, and I would be absolutely remiss to not include this wonderful man in this list. He's the best. 
  • My Favorite TV Shows
There's been SO much good stuff on TV this year, including saying goodbye to characters from Liz Lemon to Heisenberg. (And Matthew. Still mad.) Here's my favorites: 
- Orange is the New Black
- Scandal
- Breaking Bad
- Downton Abbey
- Modern Family
- Parks & Rec
- 30 Rock
  • Vinyls
We've really expanded our vinyl collection this year, and I LOVE it. We've done a pretty broad job from classics to new stuff, and it makes me SO happy. I'm obsessed with music, and I love the process of listening to vinyl and the overall sound and vibe it has. We also got a new shelving unit for all the albums and have made the area a really nice place in our home. Listening to our vinyl collection is a communal thing for us as a couple and when we have friends over. I love it. 
  • This Blog
This has been my second year of blogging and I never had a clue what an amazing and important part of my life it would become. 2013 brought on a TON of changes and learning, and I'm so excited to continue discovering new stuff and challenging myself to produce quality content. 


Thank you all so much for being a part of this amazing year.
What have been your favorite parts of 2013?
Happy New Year!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment