My 26th Birthday! | Tarreyn Land: My 26th Birthday!

Friday, September 6, 2013

My 26th Birthday!

Well, my birthday week is winding down, and I have to say it's been a total blast!
I've been spoiled with company, gifts, lots of champagne, fun and more all week! I feel so grateful.
I thought I'd share some of the highlights of the week with you!
The week's festivities began over the weekend when my lovely aunt and uncle came to visit from Boston! They're some of my favorite people in the world and have only been to Tucson once a cagillion years ago, so we were super excited to have them!
My parents through a little party the night before my birthday and it was wonderful. Since my aunt & uncle are from the East Coast, we decided to provide them with a lot of Southwestern traditions! So we got a piñata and filled it with loads of different kinds of Mexican Candy, Tequila, and other little treats!
My mom surprised me and started the evening with sunset toasts with incredible French champagne for everyone! 
Pinatas and champagne?! Yes Please! 
We then had a phenomenal dinner of all my favorite foods, and everyone wore crowns I'd made with a crazy mixture of things from my craft closet (Pipe Cleaners and Glitter and Glue, Oh My!) And then after dinner, there were lovely presents, a rousing game of Salad Bowl (the funnest game ever and a big family tradition!) and then we broke out the Cascarones! 
If you're not familiar with cascarones, they are festively colored and decorated hollowed out eggs that are filled with confetti and glitter! The idea is to break them over each other's heads, covering the recipient in confetti, and according to lore, bringing them good luck! We had soo much fun with these! 
Jake and My Uncle getting Their Good Luck!

As if this party wasn't fun enough, the next day was my actual birthday, and it was incredible! 
Jake woke me up with breakfast in bed including Sofia-made Mimosas! Yum! This was followed by a series of fantastic activities including a massage, gift receiving, and a delicious romantic late lunch filled with treats, time with my boy and more mimosas! 
Jake and all of our friends killed it on presents too! Thunderbird Moccasins, a new Cambridge Satchel, Birch Box Subscription, Etsy Gift card, bottles of wine & champagne, A personalized "Tarreyn Land" phone case, iPhone Camera Lenses and more! I feel so spoiled!
Then at night, I had one of the best parties of my life! We rented out the rooftop of a bar downtown and it was a perfect setting! Everyone dressed to the nines, we played all my favorite music (See Monday's Playlist!) and danced the night away, broke out the glow bracelets, had delicious cake, tons of cocktails, and more!
One of my favorite parts of the night was that 2 of my girlfriends set up a photo booth!! 
Everyone spent the night throwing on wacky props, making goofy faces and taking  pictures! SO. FUN!

This week has been incredible, and I feel so lucky to have the people in my life that I do. It's 3 days after my birthday and I'm still a little in recovery! 

Thanks for letting me share! And thanks to everyone in my life who made this birthday so special! I can tell it's going to be a fantastic year!


No comments:

Post a Comment