Bold like an Olivia Pope Wine | Tarreyn Land: Bold like an Olivia Pope Wine

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bold like an Olivia Pope Wine

You Guys!
Scandal is back on TONIGHT!!!!
(I'll give you a moment to dance for joy.)

The gladiators in suits are about to ride on their chariots back in to our lives!
GAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
After an absence that has moved at a glacial pace, Olivia and Fitzie and Scott Foley are BACK!
It's difficult to fully express how excited I am. 


And, not to spoil anything, BUT  DO NOT read this next paragraph if you're not totally caught up - 
Ok Go:
WHAT THE FRACK, RIGHT?!
With Fitz and the House?! And the Mom and the Flight? And The Dad and the Thing?! And Jake Ballard (SWOON) at the desk in the place?! And Huck and Quinn and the Tooth?! And Harrison and the Guy?! And Cyrus and James?! And the fucking Vice President?!

OK - ANYONE NOT WANTING SPOILERS CAN START READING AGAIN NOW! 


Tonight, totally unintentionally, I did something that only Olivia Pope can manage properly: 
I drank red wine while wearing white.
AND:
I DIDN'T SPILL IT!

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!
 
IT'S BEEN HANDLED.

This is a feat I truly never thought would happen.

I feel so powerful! Like I can conquer the world! 
I can do ANYTHING! 
OHMYGOD,YOUGUYS,ICANSOLVEALLTHEPROBLEMS!!!!!
I AM Olivia Pope. 

I feel bolder than this Pinot Noir!!! 

I want to remember this feeling every day. 
This sturdy but effusive confidence. 
Like I can save my team or my client, or save lives, or save the fate of the nation, or look amazing in a white pantsuit and matching hat.
I feel the non-wine-spilling poise that illicits multiple gentlemen vying for my attention, and the sharpness to solve crime and like I could walk with confidence in heels. 
Thank you, Olivia Pope. (And Shondra Rhimes. And Kerry Washington.)
Thank you for, despite your emotional baggage, being the type of role model who incites this amount of courage in women. 

HAPPY SCANDALING!


POST SCRIPT:
30 Minutes after initially publishing this post, I spilled red wine down my right sleeve.
I feel shaken but not deterred.
I handed it. 
It's handled. 

4 comments:

  1. hahahah love this! btw, you have the same name as my husband, but he spells it taran. and SCANDAL! right? i love your recap. brilliant. i love your blog. scandal! aaahhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren! That's so cool that it's your hubby's name too! Of the many spellings I've seen (there are a LOT), Taran is a new one! Neat! Thanks so much for the comment, they always make my day! SCANDAL!!! Eeeee!

      Delete
  2. Scandal is everything. Now I need to buy a white shirt. (I clearly already have the red wine) Love your recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It truly is everything. Thank goodness it's back!!!

      Delete