Messages from Maya | Tarreyn Land: Messages from Maya

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Messages from Maya

Last week the world lost a great light with the passing of Maya Angelou.
She has continued to inspire millions across the planet for so long, and her absence will leave a great void. 
But her words remain forever to continue to fuel, motivate and inspire us.
As you may know by now, I am a major believer in the power of quotes, and Dr. Angelou was a true master. 
From her thoughts on confidence to equality to even hot dogs, she had the ability to perfectly articulate a thought. 
I've compiled a bunch of my favorites to serve as a reminder for me and anyone else to keep pushing forward with love, positivity and determination. 



  • People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
  • A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim.
  • If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
  • All great artists draw from the same resource: the human heart, which tells us that we are all more alike than we are unalike.
  • I work very hard, and I play very hard. I'm grateful for life. And I live it - I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.
  • If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.
  • If you're serious, you really understand that it's important that you laugh as much as possible and admit that you're the funniest person you ever met. You have to laugh. Admit that you're funny. Otherwise, you die in solemnity.
  • I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels.
  • The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.
  • Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.
  • A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing.
  • I believe that every person is born with talent.
  • I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.
  • Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud.
  • Nothing will work unless you do. 
  • I love a Hebrew National hot dog with an ice-cold Corona - no lime. If the phone rings, I won't answer until I'm done.
  • Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option. 
  • Don't let the incidents which take place in life bring you low. And certainly don't whine. You can be brought low, that's OK, but don't be reduced by them. Just say, 'That's life.'
  • The only thing is, people have to develop courage. It is most important of all the virtues. Because without courage, you can't practice any other virtues consistently.
  • My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. 



  • I hope you all go out and grab the world by the lapels today. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment