What I Learned: From Men In Black 3 | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: From Men In Black 3

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What I Learned: From Men In Black 3

Tonight I saw Men in Black 3. Now, I'm not a big MIB person, I saw the first one when it came out and I was 8, but it's never been my thing. I went tonight because it was at the cheap theatre and there's not a ton to do here in the summer. I ended up having a really great time!
I was pleasantly surprised at the movie's thoughtfulness, sense of humor, and startling lack of aliens and gross stuff.  I thought it was surprisingly esoteric and super endearing, especially for a summer blockbuster. Will Smith can do no wrong in my book (well, except for that whole Scientology thing...), and Josh Brolin was great! I really enjoyed myself, and
Here's what I learned:

  • Will Smith doesn't age
  • 'The Truth is the Only Path'
  • Supermodels are actually Aliens
  • Everything looks better in the 1960s
  • $1.50 night at the Cheap Seats is the best thing ever
  • When you need to think about something, Eat Pie
  • 'There are countless futures, we just don't know which one will happen'
  • Andy Warhol was actually a Secret Agent
  • Jemaine Clement is a surprisingly good movie villain
  • Jemaine Clement looks surprisingly good in leather pants
  • I think I officially love men in leather pants
  • 'A miracles is what seems impossible but happens anyway'
  • Having 3 glasses of Prosecco before the movies is always a good idea
  • When dealing with time travel plots, keep explanations short and simple
  • Every man should own a black suit
  • 'Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to'
  • I love Will Smith
  • Characters getting tased in movies is almost always hilarious
  • Josh Brolin is a phenomenal mimic
  • My theory that shorter movies are better is constantly right
  • If you go to a movie with low expectations, your chances of enjoying it drastically increase

No comments:

Post a Comment