What I Learned: From 'A League of Their Own' | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: From 'A League of Their Own'

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I Learned: From 'A League of Their Own'

Today, a beautiful thing happened: A League of Their Own started streaming on Netflix. It was immediately clear to me how I should be spending my afternoon...
Here's what I learned:
  • Girls can do anything boys can do
  • Tom Hanks is fantastic
  • There's no crying in baseball














  • You can be hardcore and a lady
  • Defy people's expectations
  • Apparently, playing baseball in short skirts is doable

  • Geena Davis is a giant
  • Be loyal to your girlfriends
  • Do Not bring a little kid on a bus tour
  • 1990s cinema was a bad time for flashbacks and flash-forwards
  • I'm constantly reminded of how much I love Hot Dogs & Beer
  • I'm constantly reminded of how much I love Tom Hanks
  • Men should start wearing straw hats again
  • Dutsy pink and maroon is a great color combo
  • Anthems should be played on a ukulele 
  • Madonna can do anything

  • Never underestimate the joy that pastimes bring
  • Poisoning a chaperone can lead to positive results
  • Look out for your mates
  • A Rockford Peaches uniform would be a great Halloween costume

2 comments: