What I Learned: From 'Behind The Candelabra' | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: From 'Behind The Candelabra'

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What I Learned: From 'Behind The Candelabra'

Ok I don't know how many of you tuned in to HBO on Sunday night for the eagerly anticipated (by me at least) Behind the Candelabra, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Michael Douglas Ruled, Matt Damon was wonderful, and I was totally engrossed the whole glittery, twisted, bizarre, 2 hours. Here are some things I learned along the way:
  • Palatial kitsch IS my style
  • Tight pants are the best and men today need to embrace them
  • I want to support the Austrian rhinestone industry
  • Feathered hair is BACK
  • You can be alone in a crowd
  • Michael Douglas is incredible
  • People see what they want to see
  • I need to wear more rings
  • Rob Lowe is a Martian. A weird, beautiful, hilarious martian.
  • Never sacrifice who you are for someone else
  • There's no such thing as too many sparkles
  • Accept the possibilities of the good in others
  • Kimonos are Klassy
  • Don't get plastic surgery - especially to look like someone you know
  • The only people who know what happens in a relationship are the people in it 
  • Be kind
  • Follow your passion
  • Dont do drugs. Seriously. Just don't do it.
  • Dream the impossible dream
  • Love is strange
  • Don't allow people to use you
  • Don't use other people
  • I am Pro Sparkly Speedos
  • Talent sometimes arrives in very bizarre vehicles
  • Steven Soderbergh is really into ambient sound
  • I effing love biopics
  • Everyone fears becoming unnecessary
  • Too much of a good thing is wonderful
Thank you Liberace. You odd, odd person, you.


No comments:

Post a Comment