What I Learned: On My Caribbean Vacation | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: On My Caribbean Vacation

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I Learned: On My Caribbean Vacation

I've been back for a couple days from our trip to the Caribbean, which was absolutely wonderful! We had an amazzzzinngg time exploring all the different islands and doing countless fun things. 
One of my favorite parts of the trip was that I got the opportunity to try SO many new things! Every day was an adventure filled with something new, whether it be trying tasty local food or driving a Jet Ski or dancing on the beach! From seeing so many new places, meeting so many different kinds of people, and trying so many new things, as you may imagine, I learned A LOT! Here is some of what I discovered:
  • Try things that scare you
  • NEVER press delete on a camera you're unfamiliar with
  • NEVER press delete on a camera until you've backed up the memory card
  • Anti-Frizz serum is INCREDIBLE
  • Never lose curiosity about other cultures
  • Don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach
  • DO NOT breathe through your nose when snorkeling
  • Keep your eyes peeled at all times
  • Buy a travel loofah
  • The desire to explore is a universal trait
  • Dramamine knocks you out
  • Irish don't tan
  • Appreciate everything you have
  • Pirates were harsh mo fos
  • You CAN survive without the internet or iPhones
  • We are luckier than we know
  • Airport restaurants can mess up even pizza
  • Don't ever wish days away
  • Paparazzi are super rude
  • Jet Skiing is tricky business
  • Pitch Perfect is the perfect airplane movie
  • Be aware of your surroundings
  • Be confident in your swimsuit
  • Be confident in your fancy dress clothes
  • Ask Questions!!!
  • Sperrys are the best shoes ever
  • Don't let a bad hair day turn into a bad day
  • Tip well
  • America is a wonderful country that I take for granted
  • Pack Less
  • You can learn and gain something from every situation
  • Trust your instincts
  • Research a place before you visit it
  • Always pack a good hat
  • Pace Yourself
  • Nature gives you countless positive Ions. Breathe them in.
  • Enjoy everything

No comments:

Post a Comment