Computers, Pants & Swedish Rock - Why Life is Good | Tarreyn Land: Computers, Pants & Swedish Rock - Why Life is Good

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Computers, Pants & Swedish Rock - Why Life is Good

Life is really good. 
There are lots of reasons why, but I'm gonna sum it up for you in 3 big ways. 


1. Apple Products
I don't want to freak you out by saying this, but I'm an apple-slut. If they make it, I want it. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many different iPods I have. (4... I have 4...) Everything they make is freakin awesome and amazing and rad. There is a true, deep, love that apple owners have that I just don't get from PC users. It's like a brotherhood. I freakin looovvee you, Apple. Every time a MacBook turns on, an angel gets it's wings.


2. High Waist Pants
O-M-freaking-G. I have been looking for the perfect pair of high-waisted pants FOR YEARS. YEARS! It's been a fashion phantom hanging over me, villainously laughing every time trends took pants waists' lower and lower. THEN, the clouds parted. I discovered that American Apparel has a whole line of freakin rad high-waisted pants. I dipped into savings, bought those suckers up and couldn't be happier. I feel like Katherine Hepburn or Amelia Earhart or Cary Grant... I can't wait to get them in black. They say that money can't buy happiness. They're full of it. It totally can.


3. Lykke Li 
I have to admit - I was super late on the Lykke Li bandwagon. But I have fully come to appreciate her recently, and lemme tell ya, that tiny little Swede can rock. Her music is fantastic, her videos are great and I just love her. She's making car rides better, workouts enjoyable, and overall putting a bop in my walk. She's also inspired some pretty bizarre clothing choices on my part lately, and for that I thank her. 

Notable Mentions for Why Life is Good:
- Parks & Rec
- The U of A sweatshirt-wearing sock monkey I found for sale at Circle K this weekend
- Tom Hardy
- Butter
- Booze Cruises
- Trader Joes' Frozen Section
- Caffeine
- Old Movie Screenings
- Floral Print Anything
- Flubber

No comments:

Post a Comment