Burst Into Song | Tarreyn Land: Burst Into Song

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Burst Into Song

           The other night I was home alone and found myself watching My Best Friend's Wedding. While the movie as a whole has not held up that great (which in no way prevents me from still loving it; It's my Julia Roberts theory in action. - But that's another topic for another time), one part that remains fantastic is Rupert Everett's "I Say A Little Prayer For You" musical number. It made me realize something: people bursting out into musical numbers is one of my favorite things in the world. 
           I love singing. I love dancing. I love musicals. I love flash mobs. I love everything goofy. 
           Of course I like full-on musicals too (like being an understatement), but what I'm talking about is when a song or dance comes out of nowhere. It just makes me so happy! There's something so fun and uplifting and surprising! 


To show you what I'm talking about, and to brighten your day, I thought I would include some of my personal favorites. Some of them are from technical musicals but I couldn't resist including them (it's the Muppets!) Enjoy:


500 Days of Summer


How I Met Your Mother: Nothing Suits Me Like A Suit


Pee-wee's Big Adventure


Young Frankenstein


Muppet Christmas Carol


My Best Friend's Wedding


Flight of the Conchords


Let's all go forth and dance around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment