Rainy Days and Mixed Prints | Tarreyn Land: Rainy Days and Mixed Prints

Friday, July 26, 2013

Rainy Days and Mixed Prints

I LOVE mixing prints. 
I decided to do a couple rounds of mixed print combinations for today's style post, and while I was out, it started to drizzle, making it a lovely rainy afternoon! Normally I would have packed it in, but I was just feelin it, so I grabbed my umbrella from the car and made lemonade!
While sometimes mixed prints can totally backfire, I think they can have the opposite effect as well, turning a simple 2-piece outfit into something super fun and different. I have a real penchant for polka-dots, stripes, floral prints and graphic textiles - those four things make up a massive chunk of my wardrobe - and today I decided to do a grab bag of all of them!
My self-portrait project is coming along really well, and it's so fun to give myself a different challenge every day! 
Today was another adventure in learning more about my style and my photog skills.
Despite the rain making splotches on my lens and the humidity expanding my hair progressively bigger and bigger, I had so much fun putting this together. 
I'm feeling so inspired in terms of photography lately, and I'm so grateful to have a place to put that energy into! I'm also having a blast putting outfits together!

How do you feel about mixing prints?

No comments:

Post a Comment