What I'm Loving About Summer | Tarreyn Land: What I'm Loving About Summer

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I'm Loving About Summer

Ahhh, summer.
The time to escape the (insane) heat and relax. A lot of people where I live hate summer because it is soooo hot, but over the last few years I've found myself really embracing it and all the wonderful little things that go with it. 
 
Here are some things I'm loving right now:
  • TOMS: They're the perfect summer shoe. 
  • Slurpees: When was the last time you had a slurpee?! I took advantage of 7-11's 49 cent slurpee weekend and fell back in love with my favorite - A mix of Cherry and Coca-Cola! Mmmmm! 
  • Maxi-Skirts: As seen in the shot above, I'm embracing Maxi Skirts for the first time! I've resisted for years, but I recently discovered you just need to find the one that's right for you! So flowy and cool, I'll be rocking these all summer long.  
  • Flower Headbands: I'm OBSESSED! The perfect immediate accessory, I've made THREE in the last week, and the collection is growing! I need to buy hooks for them all! You can check out my DIY on how to make them HERE
  • Zumba: I am finally back in the swing of things with fitness after a long overdue hiatus (Hello broken toe and loads of pasta in Italy!). 3 times a week I'm submitting myself to the latin beat, as awkward as I look, and am having a blast and feeling great!
  • Tegan and Sara: Their most recent album, Closer, is the perfect thing to jam to on hot summer drives. I've been caught dancing in my car several times already. 

  • Margaritas: When do I not love these? But I'm getting really into flavored and infused margaritas this summer, and taking full advantage of the Happy Hours at local Mexican restaurants! My favorites so far are Habanero-Pineapple, Strawberry-Mint and Chili-Orange! Yum! 
  • Puppies: I recently became a puppy God Mother and since I've been seeing pooches everywhere and I just want to squeeze them all!
  • Iced Coffee: Being too hot for lattes, this coffee addict has switched gears, and I love it. A 16oz Iced Coffee with an espresso shot & cream and sugar = Perfection. I've started brewing coffee and refrigerating it overnight and it's so nice to have it ready and waiting in the morning! Baby steps to being a grownup. 
  • White Wine: Normally a red girl, while everything is so sweltering, an ice cold glass of chardonnay or pinot grigio has become my go-to wind-down drink. 
  • Hitting the Pool: As demonstrated by the picture below, Jake and I have been taking FULL advantage of the pool so far this summer, and we are loving it. 
  • Local Music: I'm getting super into local bands and concerts lately, and it's so much fun! It makes me really appreciate musicians and my town all at once. 
  • Watermelon: It's just so perfect. 
  • Ukuleles: Jake just bought a concert Ukulele and has been inspiring me to play mine. We've actually started playing/learning together and it's been SOO fun! 
  • READING! I just finished The Fault in our Stars by John Green and LOVED it! Couldn't put it down! It jumpstarted my reading bug and I've got a big ol list to conquer over the summer months. (A broad collection, Attempting everything from Hemingway to Chelsea Handler.)
What are you guys getting into this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment