What I Learned: Dog Sitting | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: Dog Sitting

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What I Learned: Dog Sitting

Earlier in December, Jake went to Atlanta with his family, and they left their sweet little dog with me to watch for the weekend.
Now, let me tell you - I have never spent more than a few minutes alone with a dog in my entire life. By the second day, the dog had escaped my apartment twice... Let's just say I learned a lot - 
  • There are lots of different ways to communicate
  • You cannot control everything
  • Always welcome your loved ones home with a lot of excitement
  • Avoid snapping at people
  • You can learn a lot about yourself through how someone/thing reacts to you 
  • Sometimes the most unplanned experiences can be the most fun
  • When you're home alone, not every single sound outside is a murderer 
  • Controlling your temper and controlling your patience are strongly linked
  • Dogs and little kids require really similar energy
  • Express happiness and joy with your entire body
  • Don't pretend to be anything but yourself
  • You can't fully grasp the weight of a responsibility until you're experiencing it
  • Loyalty is an invaluable trait
  • Stretching feels so good
  • Never pass up an opportunity to spend time doing something you love
  • Reciprocate the attention your loved ones give you
  • Never give up
  • When you're having a bad day, most of the time you just need someone to talk to
  • Enjoy simple things and don't take them for granted
  • Dogs HATE carpet

No comments:

Post a Comment