Florence, Sock Buns and BFFs: Why Life is Good | Tarreyn Land: Florence, Sock Buns and BFFs: Why Life is Good

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Florence, Sock Buns and BFFs: Why Life is Good

Life is really good.
There are countless reasons why, but I'm gonna sum it up for you in three big ways:

1. Florence + the Machine
For Christmas, my incredibly thoughtful Jake got me both of Florence + the Machine's albums on vinyl, and they are effing awesome. I know you've heard me pretentiously drone on about how there's nothing like music on vinyl, and I maintain that, but this band itself is SOOO GOOD. I love you, Flo.


2. Sock Buns
(Pink Martini and a sock bun - perfection)

As you may or may not know, I have been desperately attempting sock buns for the last couple months, to absolutely no avail. But this week, a glorious thing happened - In my stocking from Jake's sweet mom, I got the sock bun donut - a thick mesh donut that you can roll your hair around! It makes all the difference, and I finally mastered it and I LOVE it! It's so easy and fun and you can add bows or flowers or anything! You can get them at most hair and accessory stores, or HERE on amazon. It's so silly and small, but makes me super happy!


3. Best Friends

There are few things in this world greater than spending time with your best girlfriend (Boys, I think you may understand this, but I'm not sure if it's quite the same.) My best friend is amazing and phenomenal and lovely. In fact her biggest flaw is that she lives in a different state. I have been going through serious bestie withdrawals (did you know it was spelled that way?!) lately, and one of the joys of the holiday season is that it brought her home to me for some solid and much needed gab time. 

Notable Mentions:
- Online Shopping
- Cake Balls
- Lavendar
- Sofia Champagne
- Breakfast Sandwiches
- Post-Holiday Sales
- Hair Cuts
- Lattes, Lattes, Lattes
- Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment