What I Learned: Singing Gong Karaoke | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: Singing Gong Karaoke

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What I Learned: Singing Gong Karaoke

I am not the world's best Karaoke-er... In fact I kind of suck at it...
Even though singing publicly is something I do as part of making a living, Karaoke stresses me way out. 
So when my friends informed me that one of our favorite bars in town has Gong Show Karaoke, where the bar patrons have the power to "gong" or cut off any of the singers, I was positive that I would not be joining... 
Then I heard about the 2 Dollar PBR special, and, well, one thing lead to another... Here's what I learned:
  • Proper intoxication is necessary to sing gong karaoke 
  • Karaoke tracks are faster than you think they will be
  • It's more likely you'll regret not doing something than doing it
  • Dancing makes Karaoke both way more fun and way more difficult
  • Support local bars and events
  • There is no such thing as reality, only perspective
  • Do your own thing
  • Mixing shots is an amazing idea
  • Mixing shots is an awful idea
  • Surprisingly, not everyone is a Tom Jones fan
  • Take Risks
  • Sometimes cell phone videos should not exist...
  • People's tastes will never cease to boggle the mind
  • The most unexpected things can sometimes be the most fun
  • Don't over think
  • Sometimes Bartenders have too much power
  • People can be nicer than you expect
  • Unexpected fun is around every corner
  • Tipsy bike-riding is the funnest/scariest thing ever

No comments:

Post a Comment