Secrets of Life | Tarreyn Land: Secrets of Life

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Secrets of Life

With the ringing in of a new year, I've been examining some staple ideas of my life philosophy. I've previously mentioned a lot of these, but I thought I'd compile them into a designated spot. Here is a list of some of my most important life secrets.
  • Never turn down a glass of Champagne or a nice Steak
  • Tell people you love them 
  • Take lots of pictures
  • Don't have pre-determined expectations
  • See the ocean at least once a year
  • LISTEN
  • Make the Bed
  • Homemade presents are the best
  • Not judging is one of THE hardest things ever. But also SUPER rewarding. 
  • Write letters and thank you notes
  • Be frivolous
  • Utilize the frozen food section 
  • Turn intimidation into inspiration
  • Bring a sweater
  • Embrace Irony
  • It's easier to be organized
  • Accessorize
  • Ask for help
  • Retail therapy IS effective
  • Coffee.
  • Never settle 
  • Optimism is bravery in a different outfit
  • Dance like a dork once in a while
  • Most decisions can be undone
  • Leave them wanting more
  • Buy fresh flowers
  • Try something new as often as possible
  • Get dressed up and go out on the town
  • People rarely change
  • You're one hot shower away from a better mood
  • Always carry a pen
  • Laugh as much as a little kid 
  • Take risks - in life and in fashion
  • Calories Don't exist on birthdays, holidays or at Disneyland
  • Spend the extra money, it's almost always worth it
  • Have Hobbies
  • Whiskey.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'll bite. Favorite brand of whiskey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Wifey likes whiskey more than I. She's a fan of Tullamore and Maker's Mark. I'm a vodka/tequila guy.

    ReplyDelete