What I Learned: From Carrie Bradshaw | Tarreyn Land: What I Learned: From Carrie Bradshaw

Friday, July 6, 2012

What I Learned: From Carrie Bradshaw

           Sex and the City's protagonist and fictional Manhattan it girl Carrie Bradshaw will always have an incredibly special place in my heart. From the ages of 17 - 21 I watched the entire series countless times (now I only watch it once or twice a year), never tiring of the situations, conversations, characters, and outfits.
           Although Carrie can be pretty narcissistic and needy, I love her. I learned so much through the windows of her (totally unrealistic) rent controlled apartment and watching her go out on the town. And while I often like to pretend the movies never happened, I will always have a deep love for all things Carrie. 
Here are some of the things I've learned:   

  • "When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking."
  • Always have a cocktail in hand
  • Prints are the new black
  • Be there for your friends no matter what











  • Be brave with fashion
  • Stand up for yourself
  • Strive to be both sexy and substantial
  • "Computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot."
  • More than a couple bedroom things...
  • How Not to use your credit card
  • Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. 

  • "Two seemingly different ideas can be good together, like chocolate and peanutbutter"
  • Write as yourself
  • "Every once in a while, a girl has to indulge herself"
  • Make compromises in relationships, but never compromise yourself







  • Think about an outfit from head to toe 
  • "Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate"
  • Know when to call something quits
  • Don't lose hope
  • Dress up for yourself, not other people











  • Try to reserve judgement
  • Pink carnations in big bunches are fantastic
  • "Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us, understand us, and kiss our 3 heads"

No comments:

Post a Comment